The New York City Ballet will once again host a dance movement workshop for children with disabilities at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, NY on Saturday, July 20, 2019. This will be the third time The New York City Ballet and CP of NYS have teamed up to provide this opportunity for children. Follow the link below to see highlights from last year’s workshop.
This short video does a great job of explaining the strong, decades-long relationship between CP of NYS and the NYS Elks Association.
This video illustrates why the Governor and the NYS Legislature must continue to fund the plan to raise Direct Support Professionals closer to a living wage. View the video HERE.
See Governor Cuomo’s 2017 promise to include bFair money in NYS budget. HERE
The goals of the Centers of Excellence are to identify best practices for intervention, conducting research, and developing new treatments and strategies to support children with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders in the most integrated setting. VIEW THE VIDEO HERE
Times of transition in a young person’s life can often be challenging and confusing. For someone with developmental disabilities change and transition can prove especially difficult. This VIDEO provides information and advice from families and professionals in the field of disability services in an effort to help families more easily navigate these periods of change. View the video HERE.
The Movement, The Mission, The Magic: 70 Years of CP of NYS
- Families can’t be caregivers forever – https://youtu.be/5AYNXshAaI0
- Tracking A.R.T. http://www.artrealization.org/video/vid_2.html
- Giving back to the community – UCP Suffolk Red Cross Volunteer Group
- View Metro Community Health Centers-Bronx News 12 TV commercial HERE
Below are three short videos that help explain the importance of the system of supports and services for people with developmental disabilities living in New York State.
November 2012 Real People stories
- A SENSE OF RESPONSIBLITY
- THE FEELING AT THE END OF THE DAY
- THEY ARE WONDERFUL
- I LOVE WHAT I AM DOING
- NOTHING GIVES ME GREATER SATISFACTION
Here you will find links to videos, podcasts and other electronic files.
- CP of NYS video file on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/shibs7
Click on the links below for more short stories about the people at CP of NYS Affiliates
- It’s a Good Feeling
- FATHER OF THE BRIDE
- SPECIAL MOMENT
- THE HIGHLIGHT OF 21 YEARS
- SEE THESE KIDS BEING KIDS
- SOMETIMES WE STAND IN OUR OWN WAY
- MAKING PEOPLE VISIBLE
- MUSIC MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
- IT KEEPS YOU LEARNING
- HE ALWAYS FELT SAFE
- THE DAY AFTER
- CHEF CREATES THE ATMOSPHERE
- COLABORATING FOR THE BEST CARE
- THIS IS MY HOME
- SHE’S FANTASTIC
- A BEAUTIFUL THING
- CELEBRATE SUCCESS
- A MISSED CUE
- SAVED MY KIDS
- I’M OKAY
- FRED’S AWESOME
- I CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- EVERYBODY LOVES RAYLEARNING FROM FAILURE
- The Elks, CP of NYS and the Home Service Program
- REAL PEOPLE REALIZING POTENTIAL