The Kelberman Center Announces Social Inclusion Mini-Grant Funding Opportunities
What is the Social Inclusion Initiative?
A program model which supports community based social opportunities for people with intellectual, developmental (ID/DD) and other disabilities living in rural and urban communities with high rates of poverty and disparate access to social opportunities and other community resources. The initiative will offer two mini-grant opportunities per year for organizations interested in offering inclusive programs/events. The initiative will also offer PEERS and LifeCourse workshops facilitated by The Kelberman Center at no additional cost to interested participants in Otsego County. The mini-grants are made possible by the funding support of the New York State Developmental Disabilities Planning Council.
Social Inclusion Initiative Mini-Grant Model:
The first year of the Social Inclusion Initiative will be fulfilled in Otsego County. The mini-grants will be awarded seasonally twice per year. The Summer Program will offer up to $30,000 and the School-Year Program will offer up to $75,000 in funding to a multitude of organizations looking to offer inclusive social programming. The Kelberman Center reserves the right to award numerous applicants partial mini-grant awards up to the previously mentioned amounts.
The Letter of Intent for the mini-grant opportunities for the Summer Program are due by 3:00 pm on January 15, 2020 and the Letter of Intent for the School-Year Program are due by 3:00 pm on May 13, 2020.
• Organizations that are interested in reducing social isolation and developing social opportunities for people with ID/DD.
• Programs that support development of social skills, soft skills, and pre-vocational skills.
• Programs interested in exploring innovative transportation solutions to support community participation for people with ID/DD.
• Organizations that are interested in offering accessible social programming.
• Organizations that are interested in adapting social opportunities currently offered by the organization to become more socially inclusive.
Contact Brandi Bolton
Phone: 315-797-6241 ext. 296
Instructions for completing the Letter for Intent: Social Inclusion Mini-Grant Letter of Intent