NEW – First Annual Conference is a hit! READ MORE HERE
CP of NYS Medical Directors’ Council presents 1st Annual Conference on
MULTI-DISCIPLINARY CLINICAL CARE FOR PATIENTS WITH INTELLECTUAL AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
Designed to increase clinical expertise in treating people with I/DD
PRESENTATIONS – New
Click on the links below for available presentations from the Conference.
- Recognizing Co-Occurring Conditions in People with I/DD – presented by Maria Kansas, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Center for Disability Services
- Behaviors, Medications and Teeth – Oh My! – presented by Rita Bilello, DDS, Metro Dental Director, Metro Community Health Centers
- Recognizing Mental Illness in Patients with DD for the Non-Psychiatrist – presented by Richard Cohen, PhD, Director of Behavioral Health, Metro Community Health Centers & Jessica Hebrank MD, Psychiatrist, Center for Disability Services
- Dysphagia in People with I/DD – A Multidisciplinary Approach – References – presented by Ruth E. Alejandro, MD, FAAPMR, Elizabeth A. Foglia, MA, CCC-L/SLP & Diankah Eligon, PT, DPT
- Special Olympics Health – presented by Onolee Stephan, MPH, Sr. Manager, Global Community Health, Special Olympics International
Friday, November 16, 2018 ~ 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratoga Springs ~ 86 Congress Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
We have a block of rooms reserved at the Embassy Suites, 86 Congress Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Room Rate: $149 (plus applicable taxes). (Don’t forget a tax-exempt form if applicable.)
Cut-Off Date: Reservations must be made on or before OCTOBER 29.
After that time reservations will be accepted subject to availability at the prevailing rate.
CLICK HERE to reserve a room at our special rate.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Click HERE for Registration Flyer.
$150 – Physicians, Dentists, Clinicians, Others
$100 – Nurses, Medical & Dental Residents, Students of Healthcare Professions
You can pay by check or credit card.
STEVEN PERLMAN, DDS
The conference will begin with a Keynote Address by Dr. Steven Perlman. Dr. Perlman is a Clinical Professor of Pediatric Dentistry at the Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine. For the past 40 years, he has devoted much of his private practice as well as his teaching, to the treatment of children and adults with physical and intellectual disabilities.
In 1993, Dr. Perlman founded Special Olympics Special Smiles, an oral health initiative for the athletes of Special Olympics International. It now has over 200 events each year taking place in every state in the United States and in over 100 countries. He currently serves as their Senior Global Clinical Advisor.
Dr. Pearlman has been honored by many organizations in numerous states and on three continents. He was the first Dentist in Massachusetts to receive the Exceptional Physician Award, was named dentist of the year by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry foundation and was awarded the Golisano Global Leadership Pioneer Award last year in Austria.
This conference is intended for physicians, clinicians, therapists, and nurses who provide services to people with intellectual/developmental disabilities or are interested in doing so.
TOPICS PERTAINING TO:
* Special Olympics: Healthy Athletes
* Recognizing Co-Occurring Conditions in People with I/DD
* Panel Discussion on Dysphagia in People with I/DD
* Behaviors, Medications and Teeth – Oh My!
* Recognizing Mental Illness in Patients with DD for the Non-Psychiatrist
SPONSOR & EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
Please contact Angela Anderson at email@example.com or 518-436-0178 for details.
Cerebral Palsy Associations of NYS
3 Cedar Street Extension, Suite 2